Hiring the low bid can get you in trouble. Below is a great example how not all concrete polishers are the same.
We recently came across an article from the Casper Star Tribune which provides the details about how a school concrete polishing has gone terribly wrong, delaying the opening of a school.
From the Article:
“Dennis Bay, executive director for business services at the school district, said the problem was in the concrete floor’s finish. Faulty polishing left the floor’s coloring inconsistent, he said, and lines made by masking tape used to section off the floor during polishing are still visible.”
“project superintendent Kyle Wolfe, who oversees construction at Southridge, said. Polishing concrete floors is an act of precision… We take microns off the top layer to essentially polish it and make it shine… Polishers grind away fractions of an inch off the top of the concrete, to give it a more finished look.”
Avoiding Concrete Polishing Problems
Concrete Polishing requires an incredible amount of precision an experience. Concrete Floor Systems has twelve years of experience polishing concrete for Industrial, Retail, Commercial, Government and Educational clients. We can get you the high quality polished concrete floor that you’re looking for and get it done right the first time.
Concrete Polishing for Schools
Schools are high traffic areas – and their floors suffer a lot of abuse. Polished Concrete is a fantastic flooring option for schools as it has the following benefits:
- Low Maintenance Cost – Polished concrete has a very low lifetime maintenance cost when compared to other flooring options
- Highly Reflective – Polished Concrete is highly reflective. This not only makes it visually appealing, but the reflective properties actually lower lighting costs.
- Safe – Despite being highly reflective, polished concrete is a non-slip certified flooring option
- Eco-Friendly – Polished concrete is good for the environment – it is Leed Certified
- Durable – Polished Concrete is extremely durable
At Concrete Floor Systems, we have years of experience providing our concrete polishing services to schools, and we can keep your project on schedule. To see some of the high quality work that we’ve performed for schools in the past, please see our Concrete Polishing for Schools Photo Gallery. You can also see our blog posts about our Boulder Middle School Concrete Polishing and our Fort Collins High School Concrete Polishing. For more information about Concrete Floor Systems and the concrete polishing services we can provide to your school or business, contact us.
How Concrete Floor Systems is Different
- Founder Shawn Weaver is on the Board of Directors of the CPAA (Concrete Polishing Association of America)
- We have been in business for 12 years – one of the longest companies in America doing polished concrete
- We have over 100 years of experience within our staff
- We are highly trained by the CPAA and our in-house training by our Production Supervisor
- We use the highest quality diamonds in our polishing – not very inexpensive china diamonds that do give the floor the same clarity and gloss
- We run the highest head pressure planetary grinders which provide a better gloss and clarity than lower head pressure machines